Cosmetic Dentist Hampstead, NC
Cosmetic dentistry is what the name suggests—the branch of general dentistry focusing on the appearance of your mouth, teeth, and gums. This does not mean cosmetic dentistry is always elective or superficial; some cosmetic dentistry treatments are restorative and ensure teeth remain healthy for a lifetime. Cosmetic dentistry also addresses the fact that a healthy, brilliant smile plays a big role in a person’s quality of life, and cosmetic dentists work with you to ensure you both look and feel your best.
A wide variety of dental procedures fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry, including:
- Inlays and Onlays. Also known as indirect fillings, these are placed directly onto the tooth’s surface with dental cement to correct mild to moderate decay. They give a tooth a healthy appearance and a normal function while preventing further damage.
- Composite Bonding. Sometimes the best way to repair a decayed or damaged tooth is with composite bonding—removing the damaged area and replacing it with an enamel-like material which then hardens, leaving it looking and feeling like a regular tooth. This is generally an easy and inexpensive way to fix some chipped, cracked, or damaged teeth.
- Dental Veneers. Dental veneers are a cosmetic dentistry treatment in which a realistic-looking veneer is applied to the front of the tooth, enhancing its appearance. These can be used to treat damaged, crooked and misaligned teeth.
- Teeth Whitening. Probably the most common cosmetic dental procedure, teeth whitening cleans the teeth and removes stains and discoloration, leaving the patient with whiter teeth and a brighter smile.
- Dental Prosthetics and Implants. Used to replace missing teeth, these include dentures, bridges, and surgical implants. Which approach is best will depend on the individual patients and their needs.
Cosmetic dentistry is more common and more affordable than ever, and may genuinely improve a patient’s appearance and quality of life. If you’re interested in learning more, please contact us today and we’ll happily discuss your options.