Hampstead General and Family Dentistry
For many people, the dentist is the health care provider they see the most often. That’s why general dentistry and family dentistry are focused on preventative care, working with the patient and their particular needs to ensure a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums and a brilliant smile. Most dentists in the US—around 80 percent or so—are general or family dentists. This kind of care is critical in ensuring oral health.
So what do general and family dentists do? They focus on preserving and enhancing your oral health and hygiene in a number of ways such as:
- Regular checkups and exams to ensure oral health and detect any potential problems before they become serious.
- Teeth cleanings and other preventative procedures to keep teeth and gums clean and healthy.
- Restorative services and treatments to deal with any problems that arise. If a regular dental exam shows something’s amiss, a general or family dentist will explain the situation to the patient and take steps to treat the problem. Common treatments include a filling to correct a cavity, fixing a broken or knocked-out tooth, or installing a dental implant like a bridge or crown. All of these treatments are routine procedures designed to preserve or enhance a patient’s dental health.
- Cosmetic procedures to enhance appearance and self-esteem. A bright and healthy-looking smile is an important part of life, and a general or family dentist can help with that via teeth whitening, cosmetic bonds and veneers, and other cosmetic treatments.
- Treating oral health as a component of overall health. Dentistry views oral health in the context of a person’s total health and well-being, and a general dentist will work with a patient’s overall health needs to enhance the whole.
At Hampstead Dental, general and family dentistry are the core of our practice and the services we’re most proud to offer. We treat each patient as an individual, working to ensure that they receive the best oral health care around.